Thursday, September 3, 2009

Now I know why they call it “Labor Day”

It’s been another crazy week. Stuff at work has been blowing up. Lots of different things going on; I have been in the office and leaving late, working on two high-level projects. I tried so hard to get up this morning to go in early but I couldnt do it. I felt like poop last night, and I had this great plan of going to bed early and getting up early to get into the office for 5:30. I wound up going to bed late, so I am now sitting on my “normal” train. I would love to get out of the office a little early this afternoon, but working on these two projects has put me severely behind schedule on the rest of my work. I spent the  better part of yesterday afternoon on the phone catching up with all the voicemails I had collected over the course of the week.

Besides all of the crazy work that’s been going on, I have put in two good days of running, and lots of yard work. The combination of all three (work, running and yard work) is killing me. Wah. I am burning the candle at both ends and last night it caught up with me. I am taking the day off from running, because a) I am tired and b) I have to finish cutting the lawn. That’s what I get for waiting a month between cuttings. My lawn was so high that it takes me two cuttings – one cut for the back and one cut for the front – to get the job done. In a couple of weeks I have to start thinking about overseeding and aerating the lawn in prep for the winter.

Random Thought: I filled the car up at Wawa this morning. As I was sitting there, I started thinking about my Uncle, and how he used to write down in a small notebook how much he spent everytime he filled his car up, and how many miles were on the odometer at every fill-up. I am not sure why he did this. And I am not sure why it popped into my head this morning.

Three day weekend ahead. Hopefully, I’ll get some time to install the new fork on my bike. Traditionally, we do a holiday ride on Labor day, Memorial Day and the 4th. It sounds like me, Mike and Dom are all free for the weekend, for the most part. I have to touch base with Lou to see what his story is. No kids this weekend. My parents are taking them to the shore into Sunday. That’s gonna be really weird – not having my girls around for three days. I think they are actually leaving today. I might use some of the free time to get some work done. I have a fairly nice setup at home – I grabbed a monitor and a docking station from the office, so that when I do work from home, I can look at a normal screen instead of the tiny laptop screen. I also have my personal laptop with Microsoft Outlook thats setup with my work Exchange email. I usually have that machine set up to check emails while I simultaneously work on other stuff with my work laptop. Works out well.

I’ll do a full customary workout report later.

No comments:

Post a Comment